Saturday, April 13, 2013

Even Now, I Never



even as I sit here, few of my atoms remain together
even now the tiny spark is gone, never noticed, in this vast fire
even as I start to speak, long ago my voice stopped even fading away
even now my life compresses infinitely, off into the past

even as I forget the bygone, the hand that writes erases
even now at this pace very little can remain
even as I am born here, I lay dying, just over there
even now this briefest interval has no size at all

even as I am formed from egg and sperm, I am already what I was before
even now my grave was on a planet whose history is forever lost
even as I leave here, all I knew I leave behind there
even now our voices are as some background chorus of insects

even as this is forgotten, surely it need never have existed
even now the emptiness answers only with our echoes
even as I am a descendant, all lines end in single points
even now we only follow short tangents to the infinite circle

even as I lose my bearings, I do not ever lose my place
even now I face the inscrutable future exactly as I did the unknown past
even as I see the light, it matters not if I see at all
even now my understanding is no longer part of any mind

even as I await my re-entry into the void, was I ever really here?
even now these words I write have completely disappeared
even as if I never existed, I sum to just as much
even now the things I see are dreams that disappear within me

even as I came to from nowhere, there I shall return
even now the interval I call myself vibrates briefly then fades away
even as we journey, we remain as close to the beginning as to the end
even now, through my joy and sadness, the darkness is unchanging

even as I try to pause and contemplate, it does not effect my pace
even now we are not forgotten but merely nothing to remember
even as our sun grows cold and dark, its light is new in other galaxies
even now the center is always everywhere, all at once

even as I found the truth, I simply need not have even looked
even now our suffering has all the meaning of the wind
even as our collective wisdom grows, it is gone without a trace
even now the gods we invented influence no more actions

even as we measure time, all the clocks have long since disappeared
even now it is far too late to change the words that have all gone away

No comments:

Post a Comment